Monday, January 09, 2006

A Prayer of A Lifetime

I wrote this prayer for today, tomorrow, and every day of my life. May it be yours, too.

O Holy Divine, Eternal Father,

The Heaven and Earth are thine,
     Created by thy hands,
     Sustained by thy words,
     Purposed for thy glory.
We are thy utmost
     Love, favoured, cared,
     Created by, in, and for
          Thy perfect will,
          Thy sacred love,
          Thy eternal purpose.
Thy love hath captured my heart,
Thy grace bound my soul,
Thy joy filled my innermost being.
Thou hast provided me with
     A life that is worth living,
     A hope that is worth pursuing,
     A Saviour who is worth trusting.
Thy presence is seen
     In the creations that surround me,
     The relations that build me,
     The provisions that sustain me.
By thy will I am created
     To have my being,
     Find my purpose,
     Live out my destiny.
Though I, a sinner, have
     Betrayed thy will,
     Disobeyed thy commands,
     Gone astray from the path
     Thou hast prepared before me,
Thou hast not forsaken me—
     Thou art my redeemer
          From the pit of emptiness,
          The valley of darkness,
          The shadow of death.
I thank thee, Heavenly Father,
     For thy Word on which I feed,
     Thy Spirit in whom I walk,
     Thy Son to whom I surrender.
May I daily
     Bless thy Name,
          The Name above all titles;
     Proclaim thy Truth,
          The Truth beyond all realities;
     Declare thy Kingdom,
          The Kingdom over all thrones.
Let me not forget
     Thy life,
     Thy death,
     Thy resurrection;
          Thy Word,
          Thy Cross,
          Thy Body;
               Thy saving grace,
               Thy redemptive work,
               Thy glorious coming.
Young or old,
Rich or poor,
Well or sick,
     I shall look to thee,
     Serve thee,
     Glorify thee,
          In all places,
          At all times,
          Under all circumstances;
               With all my mind,
               All my heart,
               And all my soul.

I pray to thee,
In the mighty and wonderful name of
     Thy glorious Son,
     The Prince of Peace,
     My Saviour and Lord
     Jesus Christ,
     Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Free Counters