Thursday, June 16, 2005

Jesus and Me


Jesus and Me
Keith Wheeler
(http://keithwheeler.com/roadside_reflections_jesusandme.htm)
Jesus came...
to serve and not be served;
to seek and save the lost;
to destroy the works of the evil one;
to do the will of His Father.
Have I?

Jesus was...
gentle;
humble;
full of grace and truth;
loving;
peaceful;
kind;
a "friend of sinners and taxgatherers".
Am I?

Jesus cared for the...
lonely;
hungry;
outcasts;
homeless;
poor;
sick;
prisoners;
children;
hurting;
lost.
Do I?

Jesus...
preached the Gospel;
prayed through the night;
forgave those who offended Him;
wept over the lost.
Will I?
"For many are invited, but few are chosen."
(Matthew 22:14)
My prayer:
"Lord, I want to respond to your invitation, and I desire to be chosen to join you in your work, wherever and whenever you call me. Oh Jesus, would you mold me to be more like you in your character, thought, speech, and action. May all that is within me and comes out of me be pleasing to your heart and you alone get the credit! In your precious name, Jesus, I pray, Amen." Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Consecrated said...

Jesus and Me, indeed, that's all I want in life. May be someone else has said that one is lonely, two is company, three is a crowd. Without the Lord, I am lonely. With the Lord, I have sweet fellowship. When a third person enters between us, that becomes a crowd. Oh for those silent and quiet moments where there is no one else but Jesus and Me.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I'm currently reading Matthew. It's amazing how such simple parables that Jesus tells can have so profound implications in our own spiritual walk. I also watch the DVD "Matthew" that goes with my daily reading. What an fantastic film! It just makes me fall in love with the person Jesus again and again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Free Counters